So you’ve heard about the miracle of lounge wear that is the Hello Mello pants and shorts. You’ve swooned of the six patterns to choose from (like this killer pair of pants in Nerve Reserve). When your order arrived you melted at the buttery-soft texture. When you went to try them on the comfort of the stretchy waistband was unbelievable. Then when you finally pulled them on you realized two things simultaneously. One, these pants are the best thing to happen to your relaxation since naps were invented. Two, unsurprisingly for someone as petite as yourself, they are about 4 inches too long.
Hello Mello Can Match Your Height Perfectly
Fear not! There is no need to haul out that seldom-used sewing machine or trek off to the tailors. Your pair of Hello Mello pants can be custom fit to your exact height with a pair of sharp scissors and about five minutes of your time. Follow these simple steps.
How to Custom Fit Your Hello Mello Pants
- Turn the pants inside out, then put them on.
- Using sewing pins, safety pins, or a clothing pen, mark where the pants need to be cut.
- Carefully remove the pants, not poking yourself with any of the pins.
- Measure the distance from the hem to where you marked. Mark this same level in close intervals around the pant leg, essentially giving yourself a dotted line to cut on.
- Carefully cut along the line, trying to stay as straight as possible.
- Viola! Enjoy your perfectly hemmed, amazingly comfortable loungewear.
Because Hello Mello lounge wear is made out of polyester, it won’t fray. Over time the cut hem might curl upward slightly, like the picture below, but it in no way detracts from the overall look of your pants. And you do not have to worry about tripping over too long pant legs, you can just kick back and enjoy whatever is most relaxing to you!